About the ƒ/D Book of Pinhole
While photobooks are a great way to collect photography, the pinhole photography community is greatly under-represented on bookshelves. In response, we ran a call for entry asking photographers to show us what they’ve seen through a pinhole. We received an overwhelming response from around the world, and selected 99 photos to publish in a book created to celebrate pinhole photograpy.
In all, the book features 61 black & white and 38 color photos. The photographs represent techniques that demonstrate the “pinhole look” in general as well as the unique ways in which pinhole works with motion and time, bent film planes, infrared, and other techniques and formats.
The book contains:
- 99 pinhole photos: 61 B&W, 38 color
- Introductory text and descriptions of the techniques used to produce the photos throughout the book
- A directory of the photographers included in the book, so that you can find more work by your favorites
The book has been printed to these exacting standards:
- Offset printing – the standard for the highest quality photo books
- 100# paper – paper nerds know that’s the good stuff
- Soft cover – made from heavy cover stock
- 8 inches X 8 inches – not too big, not too small – Goldilocks approves!
- 150 pages total – lotsa photos! Technique intros!
Who This Book is For
The ƒ/D Book of Pinhole was compiled for all fans of photography.
- For the curious, it serves as a great introduction into pinhole as well as providing a visual roadmap for your creative exploration.
- For the experienced pinhole photographer, the book provides inspiration and ideas to continue your journey.
- For lensed photographers, this visual journey shows new ways to approach photographic image making and what can be done with a long exposure.
- For photography collectors, the book will include a directory of included photographers and info on where to find more of their work.